Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Paper Players Challenge #119 - A Sketch from Nancy with a Paper Camellia!

It's time again for another challenge at The Paper Players & here is my card:-


Nance has created this awesome layout, (which I have rotated anti-clockwise 90 degrees):-

 

Regular visitors will know that I love to play around with my crafting tools & create different items with them.  For this camellia I have used the small snowflake from the Snow Flurry Bigz die to create the flower stamens (4 layers) & the small, round ornament from the Ornament Framelits die set to create the petals. I folded a piece of white cardstock & placed the fold near the top of the ornament die, to cut a joined pair of petals, like this (I think I had 10 pairs.):-


I sponged ink around the edges of the petals before I misted them with alcohol to scrunch them.  This made the ink bleed softly into the petals & create a lovely natural look.

Here is a close-up of the bloom:-



This is such a versatile sketch, as you will see by the fabulous inspiration pieces from The Paper Players Team.  You can visit each member via these links:-


Lesley Croghan (taking a well earned break) - Always Playing with Paper
Ann Schach - The Stampin' Schach
Anne Marie Hile - Stampin' Anne
Jaydee - Jaydee's Stamping
LeAnne Pugliese - Wee Inklings
Nance Leedy - Canopy Crafts
Amy White - White House Stamping
Dawn Easton - Treasure Oiler Designz
Jen Arkfeld - Stamped Silly

Hope you enjoy playing along with us this week!

Card Components (all SU except as noted)
Cardstock:  Primrose Petals, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight
DSP:  Brights Pattern Stack
Stamps:  Memorable Moments
Inks:  Primrose Petals
Other:  Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Piercing Tool & Mat, Snow Flurry Bigz Die, Holiday Ornaments Framelit Dies, Finishing Touches Edgelits, Brad, Glue Dots, Dimensionals
Non SU:  Rubbing Alcohol