Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Paper Players Challenge #108 - More shapes from Framelit Dies!

This week at the Paper Players, Ann has these fabulous colours to work with:-


I've chosen to make a thank you card, with a vintage feel:-


To get the vintage vibe, I have used the awesome Perfectly Penned stamp set, inking first in Cherry, then rock 'n' rolling the edges with Not Quite Navy. This technique works wonderfully well with this particular stamp set & gives a great retro look.  

I've used a two step process to get a square embossed panel using the Tulip embossing folder.  (Here's a link to a video tute if you would like to try it.)

A while ago, I was playing around with my framelit Label dies (see this card) & discovered that you can create an awesome shape by making your die cut & then rotating the die 90 degrees & recutting.  Here's a visual, so you can see what I mean:-

  1. Cut your label shape.
  2. Rotate the die 90 degrees & place over your die-cut.
  3. Add some temporary adhesive (I used post it note strips) so it doesn't move when you feed it through your Big Shot machine.  (Sorry, I've realised I rotated the image between steps 2 & 3.)
  4. Voila!  A new die-cut shape.  :)

Sponging, my favourite woodgrain stamp, an antique brad & some gorgeous waffle ribbon (that I was gifted by a very special friend ♥) complete the card.

The rest of the Team have some magnificent samples for your enjoyment, so please make sure you visit & leave some comment love:-

Lesley Croghan (taking a well earned break) - Always Playing with Paper
Ann Schach - The Stampin' Schach
Anne Marie Hile - Stampin' Anne
Jaydee - Jaydee's Stamping
LeAnne Pugliese - Wee Inklings
Nance Leedy - Canopy Crafts
Amy White - White House Stamping
Dawn Easton - Treasure Oiler Designz
Jen Arkfeld - Stamped Silly

Hope you can join us at The Paper Players.  :)

________________________________________________

I am heading off on holiday later this week, so unfortunately I won't 
be around for a while to post or comment.  See you all for Challenge #113! 

Cheers!  Helen  :)

Card Components: (all SU)
Cardstock:  Cherry Cobbler, Not Quite Navy, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
Stamps:  Woodgrain background, Perfectly Penned
Inks:  Cherry Cobbler, Not Quite Navy, Crumb Cake
Other:  Framelit Label Dies, Tulips Embossing Folder, Antique Brad, Cherry Cobbler Waffle Ribbon