Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Dynamic Duos #5 & RetroSketches #14 - Singin' in the Rain!

You could be mistaken for thinking I'm on an umbrella "kick" at the moment. Here's my second style of umbrella in a few days (you can see the first one here):-


I've made this encouragement card for this week's challenges at the Dynamic Duos & RetroSketches (click on the graphics below to take you directly to the respective challenges):-

 


This card was quite a challenge that I set for myself, as I struggle with single layer cards.  I am way more comfortable if I can add a layer or a mat somewhere, lol.  I was inspired by the DT at Retrosketches (Arielle, Jackie, Kasia & Laurie) to keep my card very CAS & was thrilled how it turned out.  The colours set by the Dynamic Duos Team were the perfect starting point for the bright umbrella.

I scored some random lines to create the border strip, adding a rhinestone to the end of each to form a droplet.  Here's a close up (sorry, it doesn't really show up that well, but you can click on the images to make them larger for easier viewing):-


& here is my little brollie, the top of which was quickly & easily made from punches:-


The sentiment was computer generated.   :)

ETA:  A big thank you to the Teams at both Challenges for these:-




Card Components:  (all SU except as noted)
Cardstock:  White Shimmer, Island Indigo, Metallic Silver
DSP:  Brights Stack
Inks:  Real Red, Island Indigo
Other:  Scallop Oval Punch, 1.3/4" Circle Punch, Basic Jewels, Dimensionals, Scoring Tool, Blender Pen
Non SU:  Small Handheld Circle Punch