Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Michelle Perkett Studio Earth Day Blog Hop


Hi all,

Welcome to the Michelle Perkett Studio Earth Day Blog Hop.  You have arrived here from Therese.  Hope you enjoyed Therese's lovely project.

I chose to recycle a box that my daughter had pulled out from under her bed when she cleaned up her room recently.  :)

Here is a before shot:-


& here is what I have done to it:- 


I had originally planned to paint sections of the box but in a moment of madness I decided I would totally recover it (madness that took several hours!)  Here's what it looked like during deconstruction:-


I put an acetate panel in the lid of the box so you can see inside:-


& now it can house my completed cards while they are waiting to be given out.  I have added tabbed dividers which I will label later on:-


& here is a close up of Michelle's beautiful "Just Breathe" digital stamp image.  She has been printed by laser on watercolour paper & I have coloured her with stamp pad inks & an aquapainter.  I have added pearls, glitter & dazzling diamonds to make her sparkle:-


Hope you like my project. 

Next stop on the tour is the lovely Shelley.

Helen  :)

Box Components
(will add the details at a later date)